Account Setup / Email on File
We will setup your account after we have received payment and we and/or our payment partner(s) have screened the order(s) in case of fraud. It is your responsibility to provide us with an email address which is not @ the domain(s) you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, the primary email address on file will be used for this purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure the email address on file is current or up to date at all times. If you have a domain name registered with SmartLineHost.com, it is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information for your domain account and your actual domain name(s) is correct and up-to-date. SmartLineHost.com is not responsible for a lapsed registration due to outdated contact information being associated with the domain. If you need to verify or change this information, you should contact our sales team via email. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. In high risk transactions, it will be necessary to provide government issued identification and possibly a scan of the credit card used for the purchase. If you fail to meet these requirements, the order may be considered fraudulent in nature and be denied.
Add Grace Period policy, effective April 01, 2009, SmartLineHost.com is canceling the three (3) day grace period and will no longer offer refunds for any domain deletions on new registrations. All domain registrations are final.
You should be aware that by signing up for an account with SmartLineHost.com, you agree to position data on our servers, thus making it accessible to the wide public. In this sense, you accept that it is beyond the power of SmartLineHost.com to restrict such access and guarantee the security of your files. You are completely in charge of protecting your data on SmartLineHost.com servers, which suggests that you would better consider carefully any piece of information before uploading it to your newly allocated server space. It is recommendable to avoid publishing personal data that could be abused online.
Using a shared account as a backup/storage device is not permitted, with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account. Please do not take backups of your backups.
You understand and agree that the Service is provided “AS-IS” and that SmartLineHost.com assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, failure to deliver or store any Customer communication or personalization settings.
Examples of unacceptable material on all Shared, Cloud and Reseller servers include:
- IRC Scripts/Bots
- Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers
- Pirated Software/Warez
- Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- IP Scanners
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
- Escrow/Bank Debentures
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
- Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- Prime Banks Programs
- Lottery/Gambling Sites
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
- Push button mail scripts
- Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
- Tell A Friend Scripts
- Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways
- Bitcoin Miners
- PayDay Loan Sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate progams, etc)
In the event you do not provide SmartLineHost.com with material evidence that you have not breached your obligations to SmartLineHost.com within ten (10) business days, SmartLineHost.com may terminate its relationship with you and take any remedial action available to SmartLineHost.com under the applicable laws. Such remedial action may be implemented without notice to you and may include, but is not limited to, canceling the registration of any of your domain names and discontinuing any services provided by SmartLineHost.com to you.
1. BANDWIDTH – Each hosting plan include prepaid bandwidth. Additional bandwidth is available. This bandwidth must be prepaid before using or otherwise the account will be suspended due over bandwidth usage. If the total bandwidth is exceeded on an account, the account will be suspended until either the bandwidth is increased or a new period starts.
2. DOMAINS HOSTED – SmartLineHost.com hosting plans include domain hosting.
3. DISK SPACE – Additional disk space is available for each hosting plan.
4. IP ADDRESS – SmartLineHost.com, hosting accounts do not include dedicated IP addresses.
5. MYSQL DATABASE(S) – is/are included in all hosting plans. Additional MySQL databases are available. Contact sales for more information. All databases must be accessed via an account on the same ip. i.e. remote access to mysql databases is not permitted.
6. SSH -SSH is not included in hosting plans.
When you are hosting your domain's domain name servers ("DNS") on SmartLineHost’s servers, or are using our systems to forward a domain, URL, or otherwise to a system or site hosted elsewhere, or if you have your domain name registered with SmartLineHost.com, you are responsible for ensuring that there is no excessive overloading of SmartLineHost.com’s DNS systems. You may not use SmartLineHost.com’s servers and your domain as a source, intermediary, reply to address, or destination address for mail bombs, Internet packet flooding, packet corruption, or other abusive attack. Server hacking or other perpetration of security breaches is prohibited. You agree that SmartLineHost.com reserves the right to deactivate your domain name from its DNS system if SmartLineHost.com deems it is the recipient of activities caused by your site that threaten the stability of its network.
You agree that SmartLineHost.com, in its sole discretion and without liability to you, may refuse to accept the registration of any domain name. SmartLineHost.com also may in its sole discretion and without liability to you delete the registration of any domain name during the first five (5) days after registration has taken place.
It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as user name and password. It is required that you use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change/update your password.
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. "Safe lists", purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. Any user who sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice.
Sites advertised via SPAM (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to SPAM sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity may be hosted on our servers. Any account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
SmartLineHost.com reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any web site, account, database, or other component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion.
SmartLineHost.com reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a clean up fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal.
Backups & Data Loss
Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Our backup service runs once a week, overwrites any of our previous backups made, and only one week of backups are kept. This service is provided to you as a courtesy. SmartLineHost.com is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on SmartLineHost.com servers.
You agree to notify SmartLineHost.com within five (5) business days when any of the information you provided as part of the application and/or registration process changes. It is your responsibility to keep this information in a current and accurate status. Failure by you, for whatever reason, to provide SmartLineHost.com with accurate and reliable information on an initial and continual basis, shall be considered to be a material breach of this Agreement. Failure by you, for whatever reason, to respond within five (5) business days to any inquiries made by SmartLineHost.com to determine the validity of information provided by you, shall also be considered to be a material breach of this agreement. You agree to retain a copy for your record of the receipt for purchase of your domain name or Services.
You acknowledge and agree that domain name registration requires that this contact information, in whole or in part, be shared with the registry operator. As required by ICANN, this information must also be made publicly available by means of Whois, and that the registry operator may also be required to make this information publicly available by Whois. Both SmartLineHost.com and the registry operator may be required to archive this information with a third party escrow service. You hereby consent and give permission for all such requirements and disclosures. Further, you represent and warrant that, if you are providing information about a third party, you have notified the third party of the disclosure and the purpose for the disclosure and you have obtained the third party's consent to such disclosure.
Cancellations and Refunds
SmartLineHost.com reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or otherwise restrict access to the account at any time with or without notice.
User may not:
1) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
2) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
3) Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
4) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
5) Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
6) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
7) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
8) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
9) Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
10) When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php")
11) To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
12) Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages.
Shared (non-reseller accounts) / Servers
Shared accounts may not resell web hosting to other people. You must maintain your own backups.
SmartLineHost.com shall not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. SmartLineHost.com makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. SmartLineHost.com disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, no deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by SmartLineHost.com and its employees.